About Me

Friday 23 December 2016

Memorable day at School


From the first breath of this universe, children must be the same; innocent, mischievous, naughty, playful and youthful. I guarantee for sure children must be the same like dawn and dusk from Stone Age to this present era of information communication technology. Schools are the places where children learn manners, learn to live life, learn to make friends and learn to think and many has written about the memorable day of school. My early school was St Andrew’s church high school 15 empress roads Lahore. I remember I use to go to school very happily and on public holidays my parents had to put extra efforts to assure me for the holidays.

This is about the day at school could not erase from my memory. How can I say something pleasant when someone asks me to talk memorable day of school. I was studying in class three, entered in the school along with my siblings on that day. Bell rang all of the children came in ground for assembly prayer and after that went to their classes. We started our studies teaching I was sitting with one of my class fellow Adeela(the name I don’t remember exactly that could be Tanzeela too)but not with my best friend Mehak Kamil. Mehak Kamil was living in my near neighbourhood and we talk a lot when we sit together that is why teacher changed our seats. Now I had to wait to see my best friend till recess so I waited till then for chit chat with her.

Class started again after recess and hardly two periods were gone, a teacher came in with a lot of worries. She was shouting that neighbouring school Government Muslim League High School for boys has received a threatening call that there was a bomb in the school and could explode anytime. The main target was not only Government Muslim League High School for boys but also my school St Andrew’s church high school along with two other buildings of Pakistan Railways headquarters and Pakistan Railway Karen Hospital Lahore.

Teachers started evacuating the main building and taking us to the ground in the back of school since this place was a little far from the neighboring school.  They could not take us out of the school on the main road. A miserable thing on my part happened was my bag got stuck on the desk and it took so long to take that out. A teacher on round came and scolded me we are worried for your lives and you are worried for your bag. She helped me to go out in the ground there every single child was crying.
 I sat with my brothers, my friend Mehak Kamil and her brother. We came to know that principal has called for our parents to pick us. My grandfather came and after few formalities, we were ready for our homes. But Mehak Kamil and her brother started crying to take them to their home as well. They were pleading as their father was out of the station. Teachers allowed them and we dropped them to their home on the way to ours. Outside the school, there were doctors, nurses and ambulances giving a horrible sight of the noon. Every single person outside was thankful to God that bomb was successfully disposed and there was no damage.


But you know what major damage was. The damage to innocent brains and thoughts that have started thinking a little bad about school which should happen at any cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment